my baking


Day 9 - Lovina tour  

Monday, June 15, 2009

first stop was GitGit waterfall --

so many staircases to climb.. up and down we go.. always wondering how are we going to climb up the stairs when returning to our car
a sneak preview of the waterfall from mid-way there
many different types of spices that they grow



Git git waterfall
next, we went to Ulun Danu Temple at Beratan Lake. this temple is often seen in postcards and Bali posters!

it's even featured in the rupiah 50,000 note!




another temple on land --



last stop, we went to a holy hotspring to take a look. wanted to go for a dip, but... there were too many locals hence we decided against it.

the hotspring is said to be holy water as the water flow through a temple somewhere near the area, then the holy sping water is channeled to the pools with pipes.



Holy hotspring
and i guess this is where the water comes from...
back at the hotel.
the sunset at our beach



By fate or coincidence, we met a stranger at the hotel's pool while soaking in the coolness of water, he happened to be a Chinese-Indo tour guide so I was finally able to speak freely without language barrier. He drove us to a dining and pub area for dinner that night, bought us a cup of avocado drink (famous in Bali) and then drew a portrait of me, which I think..... doesn't look like me at all.. maybe in another 30 years I would look like that? haha!

now that I think about what we did, its actually kinda dangerous huh. hopping on to a stranger's car and driving off to somewhere we've never been. goodness. what was I thinking then?!
our dinner. I think it was only 8000 rupiah? about SGD1 ++
it's rice and noodle, ikan bilis and nuts, satay, fried pork? beef? skin, and some black beans. it is actually quite tasty!
the tour guide that we met at the hotel pool. he started sketching me on his drawing paper. by-passers behind looking at what he's drawing

and here's the sketch. eerily, it looks like my mom. that's why I think I might look like this 30 years later. hahaha! this drawing kinda "olden" me.
nevertheless, it was a good night and ending to our stay at Lovina. it was an unexpected dinner and unexpected finale at Kuta the next day too (Murni and I planned it at last minute and spontanouesly) . that's the best thing about free and easy tour :) you have always have leeway for changes and let fate plays her part

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


0 comments: to “ Day 9 - Lovina tour