my baking


travels at a glance  

Friday, July 18, 2008

oh my god. i have so many things to update on this blog but I HAVE NO TIME!!! i've been working working working.. did some travelling here and there but not quite enough. the real travelling season is not here yet. wad thatis planned so far is just travelling down to Las Vegas, Los Angelas, San Francisco and NYC of cuz. we just went to Boston 2 days ago and it is b-e-a-utiful!! i love it!

i shall just give a prelude to the places we went.

Natural caves and stones park somewhere in the Adirondack mountains. it is very peaceful there and it was really an eye opener when we got there. never been able to see something like that in Singapore of cuz. a little bit of hiking and some amateur caves. pretty interesting



Next, I did white water rafting in the Black River. it is graded level 3/4 on the scale of 5. it took about 2 hours or so to go through the river. nice~!

another time Li Jun, Vivian and I took the Steamboat Minne HaHa at Lake George. it is one of the tourist attractions here.. something that symbolises Lake George because of the past war history. it's just a relaxing ride out the lake with beautiful sceneries.


some time ago.. haha.. we had a mini bbq with most of the Singaporeans. we set the theme as red & white for a feel of Singapore home. hahaha! hence all of us wore red or white that night for the BBQ. it was so fun!!

even long before all these.. we had a birthday celebration for Faith, my room mate now. it's her 21st birthday celebration here and we made it big for her! the theme for the party was uglinese. and see who's the ugliest. haha~! lotsa fun we had! miss those times! these are just the very few photos for the party! that night was hilarious. so much laughters so much fun! it just brought us closer together!
Faith's 21st birthday cake
see the cups and plates? all american symbols. haha!
and the uglinese competition. hahaha! wearing disfiguring teeth and looking like zombies.
then we ended up drawing faces with my eye liners! so much fun! spot mrs pringles!

and the day that I will remember for life.. one of those important days.. is 20th of June 2008.. I did my tattoo! it has quite a lot of meaning to me but I shan't say it here. I love it! and it really marks these days of my life here, especially so when I'm turning 21 this year. It's done in a place where I can hide it easily from society and work. hence, no regards and worries that it will affect any social judgements in the future.





Finally, BOSTON! the four of us went Boston on the 15 and 16 of July, just a day ago. it is so BEAUTIFUL! i love it there! so far the most impressive place I've seen in America. I love the buildings, the streets, the assence of its history and the churches!
The Freedom Trail - most significant touristic attraction in Boston. it is about 4km long passing by about 60 historical places. beautiful!
the all famous Quincy Market of Boston. heard much about it but didnt know what it is until now!
John Harvard! HARVARD! we went to Harvard University for a walk too! needless to say, of cuz it is amazing there.
Red Sox - the famous American baseball team. Red Sox of Boston. Yankees of New York! and we were at the Fenway Park where the stadium of Red Sox is.
Copley in Boston. I love those sort of buildings!
then we went to the Sky Walk at Prudential Tower. 50 storeys high up in the sky, over looking the whole of Boston. amazing!
and the Trinity Church! this is SOO BEAUTIFUL!! the whole place is just so magnificent! too bad we had time constrain hence we didn't look at the interior of the church.
there are other places that we went to visit.. but these are the fews that I like most. too many photos to upload here! arh! Boston is so beautiful! awesome!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


0 comments: to “ travels at a glance