my baking


My birthday!! - fm ym xl b -  

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

In september, I celebrated my birthday with all my dear friends!! nope no parties. just intimate group meetings =) fang min, xien lin & yuen men were the first dears who cut the cake for me. of cuz, with derrick's surprise appearance out of nowhere too! they made my day! :D loveletts!found this Cafe Oliv at East Park there.. quite difficult to get there but we made it. haha first time we actually travelled so far just to eat. yes we are all lazy. thats why we're good friends! right? haha!
Cafe Oliv serves good food! rather cheap too.. about $10 - $20 range. good dining place and atmosphere! it is a fusion of chinese and western food, so the flavours of food are unique. especially the cai xing with escargot & cheese! how fusion can it get! love it!

first up, the cream of mushroom soup. big chunks of mushroom can be tasted! not those play cheat kind. we had a 3 course dinner. omg it was so filling!
this is the chinese vege with escargot & cheese! salted egg yolk soft-shell crab! this is soooo delicious! almost taste like chicken cutlet. haha

our main courses ... fish fish fish and lambthe lamb shack with mash potatoes beneath. i swear the lamb served was sooo soft with no sheep smell. the meat just falls out easily. definitely no embarrassing moment eating this!

salmon pasta. their signature dish. indeed it is good!


dessert / cut cake time!
21 finally! although it doesnt make much difference too

1st cake cut out of 6!!

their desserts came with our set meal. so it was REALLY worth it. ice cream mud pie. but I admit this taste a bit weird. it's coffee and strawberry ice cream.
warm fuzzy brownie with vanilla ice cream! classic but really good!

creme brulee

dinner was really satisfying! Cafe Oliv is good! worth trying too! next we went back min's place to pick up the car. as usual.. her room is omg. hahaha




it's time I open my present too!

haha~! understand the meaning of this photo?? hahaha
a proper one after that. but I still have to bend down a little~ hahaha





thank u ladies! love this kate spade! =)

after that we went to my house. i cant remember why. but we home-hopped all 3 houses.
my birthday gift from Derrick =)


after awhile, we headed to ling's house. while doing all these, they planned with derrick to surprise me that night. i didn't know he book out that night (thursday!!). so i seriously wasn't expecting him! after much trouble with the night parking coupon and stuff, we finally got back to ling's house. out of no where, derrick popped out from somewhere and carried my 2nd birthday cake. I was sooo surprised!!
still damn shock!! opps. and in my pyjamas shorts. haha!
my 2nd Birthday cake!

HAPPY~! thank u my dearestsss! the night was sooo perfect! the rest of the night was chats till dawn!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button